Valentine Blues

Valentine’s Blues
I see you in the skies above
Holding your hand into the air
But when I reach to take it
I find you’re not really there

I see you in the glass
As I walk along the halls
But when I turn to find you
You aren’t there at all

The birds sing and the sun shines bright
But you are nowhere to be found
My valentine, sweet valentine
Why aren’t you around?

I find myself all could and numb
Not feeling happy or content
I have everything here but you
It is my heart’s only rent

I’m not sure why I miss you
Or why I even want you here
All I know is that I want you
I feel so cold without you near

Everyone has someone,
No one else seems to be alone
My valentine, sweet valentine
Why won’t you come home?

Then it hits me, like a bullet
This isn’t your home anymore
What was once bright and cheerful
Became a battlefield of war

We had our chance as lovers
But never one as friends
And standing here without you
Makes me want to try again

It’s as though the world goes on
Yet my hearts is frozen and blue
My valentine, sweet valentine,
I long to be near to you

But you aren’t my valentine
You aren’t even mine anymore
Whatever we had is over
It ended when I walked out the door

How can I miss something so bad
Something that hurt me time and again
How can I love you so much
After all the things you did?

I stare out at the sky, sighing as I look
I love you, I always have and always will
Wont you be my valentine, sweet valentine,
And chase away this chill?



No comments:

Post a Comment