Unity

Unity bred from brokeness
Hearts torn in two
Children of the darkness
I find myself in you

You are a light that grants sanity
A reason not to fear
You are a torch that beckons me
I'm so lost without you here

I fight my urge to trust you
And lose the battle every time
There is so much you make me do
With a soul that doesn't feel like mine

Its your eyes that make me crazy
And fill me with such comfort
The sweet and caring looks that phase me
And make me want to breath in your support

And in your arms I feel so open
So vulnerable and weak
I push down the tears that I hold in
Every time you and I speak

You cannot see me cry
If you do than I would leave
I'm not quite sure as to why
But I know crying makes me weak

I want to lie in your arms forever
But I wish these memories would fade
So that when we are together
Only pleasant thoughts invade

Still you draw me out,
With your charm and gentle way
And even though I'm filled with fear and doubt
In your arms I want to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment