Flames

Flames, dancing as one with my spirit
A cold wind blows, and at once, the flames die
Hot coals turn to ash where they lay
And a coldness sets in that chills to the bone

And at once memories invade, laughing
The darkness closes in with a cold voice
Mocking the fear that grips me
As I cling to myself and the coals grow colder

Then your hand closes around my heart
With the warmth of a million flames
Burning bright in the cool air of the night
Making me feel alive once again

Your voice whispers softly in the air
Drowning out the laughing mockery
That rode on the wings of the wind
with such fiery verbosity and anger

You lean in, your lips on my neck and kind words
Eliminating the fear and the depression
And replacing them with the gentle feeling
Of hope, courage, and a strength I'd thought was lost

You laugh lightly and I smile, as the flames dance
There is no room for fear here, in the light
Where nature joins with us as one
And we can feel our connection to the spirit

My thoughts, no longer dark, are on you
And I worry them in my mind with wonder
Staring into the flames I see you and I
Laughing in the night, and dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment